SIRIUS worked with the Port Authority K9 unit sniffing out bombs and explosives when terrorists attacked the World Trade Center in NYC on 9/11.
- SIRIUS was a four and a half year old yellow lab.
- SIRIUS was the only K9 killed on 9/11.
- SIRIUS was a member of the NY/NJ Port Authority Police Department and worked as an Explosives Detection Dog.
- SIRIUS and his partner, Officer David Lim, were assigned to the Port Authority Police Station in the basement of the World Trade Center’s Tower Two, where he worked checking trucks and vehicles for explosives.
- SIRIUS became a member of the PAPD after he graduated from the Port Newark K9 Center on 07/15/2000 and wore PAPD Badge #17.
- SIRIUS was a HERO.