- Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressedout than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog leans.
- They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.
- Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.
- They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:
don’t pee on the tree
don’t drink water in the container that holds the tree
mind your tail when you are near the tree
if there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don’t rip them open
don’t chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree
- Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:
not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans
don’t eat off the buffet table
beg for goodies subtly
be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa
don’t drink out of glasses that are left within your reach
- Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important:
observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people’s houses. (4a is particularly important)
respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house
turn on your charm big time
- A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. DON’T BITE HIM!!
Doggy Holiday Guidelines
QUOTE OF THE DAY
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. ― Martin Luther King
Walk Your PET Month
National Train Your DOG Month
Unchain a DOG Month
Copyright © 2003-2022
Paws N Reflect, All Rights Reserved
Hosted by IZOOX